|Name in Japanese||レキ;蕾姫|
|Debut (Anime)||Episode 03|
|Debut (Light Novel)||Volume 1 (3rd Ammo)|
|Appears in||Anime, Light Novels, Manga|
|Voice Actor (Japanese)||Kaori Ishihara|
|Voice Actor (English)||Jad Saxton|
|Height||150 cm (4'11")|
|Weight||41 kg (90 lbs)|
|Nationality||Mongolian with Japanese Ancestry|
|Classification|| Butei (Snipe)|
Student at East Ikebukuro High (Temporary)
|Skill Rank||Rank S|
|Title (s)|| Robot Reki|
|Ancestor|| Minamoto no Yoshitsune|
Killing Range 2051m
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle
Haimaki (Pet Wolf)
|“||I am a single bullet...||”|
Reki (レキ; 蕾姫?) is the S-rank ace of the Snipe department. Her real name is unknown and she is habitually taciturn, constantly impassive and indifferent in fashion. Reki is almost always found wearing her headphones.
Reki is descended from Gengis Khan (in actuality, the Khan was Minamoto no Yoshitsune as explained by Shirayuki), and hails from a tribe in Mongolia, referred to several times as the Ulus. She lived with 46 other females in seclusion. Why she is allowed to leave her homeland while the others remain is unknown.
Reki is part of a family that appears to have an interesting flaw. Her tribe apparently has a genetic problem that takes effect on the pregnant women of the civilization. As such, only the female gender will be born to the tribe. As such a result, Reki's tribe is constantly on the lookout for strong males to introduce into the Ulus, in the hopes to make their descendants stronger. This becomes clarified in the Epilogue of Light Novel Volume 6.
Prior to joining the Butei academy, Reki was already a sniping prodigy so much so that she regularly took "unrecorded" contracts from countries such as China and Russia in the past. Jeanne claims Reki used to work as a "sweeper," in other words a Butei Assassin.
Reki would met Kinji Tohyama for the first time at the Futoukita platform at Academy Island for the entrance exam. Also, during their first year, they apparently worked together quite a bit, where they were known as the "Golden Duo."
Reki's hair has a very light shade of blue-green, similar to aquamarine, having been affected by long years of exposure to Ririirokane. She stands at a similar height to Aria and is very petite. Her skin is somewhat pale, and her eyes are a bright yellow (green in the anime). It is somewhat unknown what her diet is. According to Kinji and his grandfather, Magane Tohyama, she smells like mint.
She constantly keeps headphones around, and Misaki Nakasorachi identified the brand as a Sennheiser PMX990 which is known for "it's high clarity and can accentuate the higher pitches". She constantly wears them on her head during a mission to "keep her soul intact."
As quoted by Kinji, Reki was "not as flat as Aria, but not as well endowed as Shirayuki".
True to her nickname as "Robot Reki", Reki is usually shown to be practically emotionless. She is very quiet and reserved, often not speaking more than she needs to. However, this is not due to her lack of emotions. Rather, it's just that she doesn't really know what emotions are. She doesn't understand them, nor does she know how to truly express them. This was revealed during the events of Light Novel Volume 6, Chapter 4.
She is also similar to Kinji in the aspect of social standing. She can be referred to as even more socially introverted than Kinji.
She is very stubborn or very steadfast when it comes to specific things. Examples of this are when she believes her rifle will not misfire. Her attitude is obsessive to the point where her constant maintenance reduces the possibility of a misfire even lower than it already is.
Kinji has pointed out that she seems to be "delusional" due to her taking orders from her supposed master, the "wind."
- "I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
- "In the midst of this darkness. A path of light exists--outside of the light, nothing can be seen, nothing exists. I am one who runs in the midst of that light."
- (To Kinji): "Kinji as I have said before, I am yours. The loyalty of the Ulus is eternal. I will be with you wherever you go and be the person who will live and die with you." (Volume 12, Chapter 1)
- (To Kinji about his relationship with Moe Mochizuki): "The Ulus have a saying: A wolf cannot become a dog...And a dog can never become a wolf...Wolves and dogs can cross. They can even have offspring. But...A wolf is always a wolf, but a dog can never go back to being a dog. If it follows a wolf away form the safety of human habitation and migrates to the cruel forest, the dog, carrying its innate weakness, will exhaust its life...So a wolf should only spend time with another wolf." (Volume 12, Chapter 3)
- Reki has a massive appetite despite her appearance
- She is able to stay so still when sniping that birds tend to land on her head.
- Reki is able to handle very cold temperatures from growing up in Mongolia during the extended frost periods.