|“||Little sisters are best. Nothing comes in between a brother and his younger sister. These bonds are absolute, completely unlike any other relationship with girls!||”|
Kaname Tohyama (遠山 金女 Toyama Kaname?) is a first generation Gknion created from Konza Tohyama DNA and is the younger genetic half-sister of Kinichi Tohyama (Kana), Kinji Tohyama, Kinzou Tohyama (GIII), and is the older genetic half-sister of Kanade Tohyama. She was later named Kaname, by Kinji after the pattern set by his brother Kinichi's use of Kana for his alter ego. After meeting with Kinji, she enrolled in the Tokyo Butei High School Assault department. Also, she is a highly trained professional with advanced weapons such as 14 close range weapons such as daggers, swords, and lightsabers.
Kaname is a very beautiful, cute young girl with chestnut hair that reaches down to her shoulder and has sharp ocean blue eyes. She is half Japanese half Caucasian American.
Kaname herself, even when she fought the girls of Team Baskerville under the product name of GIV, is a very light-heart and kind person. She is normally cheerful and bubbly and tries her best to never show sadness. However, she does have a tendency to be a crybaby. She is overprotective of Kinji and is jealous when other girls are around him.
Kaname was born as a genetically engineered human weapon under the name of GIV in a research center in Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States. Her genes were sampled from many strong and brilliants soldiers, including that of Kinji's father Konza Tohyama (product name "G" Golden Cross). As part of this genetic engineering, a defect (Life Limiter) was introduced that requires her to ingest a certain chemical in order to survive. This chemical was determined to be present in caramel sweets, explaining Kaname's preference for it. She was born along side her older brother, Kinzou (then GIII), and has been one of his followers ever since he went rouge. Eventually through their combined efforts, they forced the United States Government to call off their hit on them due to the assailants defecting to their league known as GIII. At some point she got a degree in communication from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.).
- (To Fuikibayashi, Asao, and Leon): "Hello! I'm the cute little sister that takes care of her Onii-chan from 'Good Morning' until 'Good Night'." (Volume 12, Chapter 5)
- (To Kinji after being Thanked for Taking Care of his Beretta): "Thanks are illogical. That's what a little sister is supposed to do." (Volume 12, Chapter 5)
- (To Kinji on his Mission to Save Moe): "Well...I believe in you." (Volume 12, Chapter 5)
- Kaname was born without a name and just labeled as "GIV," so in order to appease a bunch of girls on the bus who were questioning him about her, Kinji came up with the name "Kaname"
- Kaname name is based on the alternate reading the common kanji in all the Tohyama siblings' name with the addition of the kanji for 'girl'. The 'Kana' reading was decided by Kinichi's use of it for alter ego "Kana". The kanji which 'gold' and is reference to being Konza Tohyama's (Golden Cross) child.
- Kaname name means 'Golden Girl'
- Kaname has been on the cover for both the Hidan no Aria and Hidan no Aria AA series.
- Kaname has appeared on one volume cover for the AA series.